Gaerne Carbon G.Stilo Road Shoes 2016
High-end pro road shoes HANDMADE in Italy with the patented closure system "BOA® IP-1".
The new BOA IP-1 twist closure has three functions: To close the right shoe, the closure is turned in the direction of travel; to loose the closure, the other direction is used. For the left shoe, it is exactly the other way around so that you always have to turn the closure in the direction of travel for closing, and in the other direction for loosening. To fully open the closure, you have to pull it to the top. Thanks to the independet positioning of the closure slightly to the side, you get a closure system that avoids pressure marks on the foot.
- UPPER: The extremely supple uppers are made of microfibre (feels like soft leather, is breathable and easy to clean), laser-cut perforations and mesh inserts at the sides ensure a pleasant foot climate
- AIR VENTILATION: The system offers outstanding breathability and a perfect climate for your feet
- CLOSURE SYSTEM: BOA IP-1®
- COMFORT FIT TONGUE: The shoe's tongue covers the instep and is perforated for a better ventilation. Thanks to a soft padding on the inside of the tongue, it offers unique comfort.
- HIGH COMFORT insole: The new "HIGH COMFORT INSOLE" is extremely light, exchangeable and offers great comfort and breathability.
- CARBON HEEL CUP: Improved, anatomic heel cup made of non-formable plastic. The anti-slip heel cup provides a secure hold and support for the achilles tendon. At the back, reflective inserts provide a better visibility in bad lighting conditions. Integrated vents improve temperature regulation.
- U CONTROL HEEL SYSTEM: An exclusive control system for your heels - guarantees a correct position while riding.
- EPS LIGHT FULL CARBON SOLE: The new full carbon sole guarantees absolute lightness and stiffness. The ultra-thin design allows for a minimum distance between foot and pedal - maximum power transfer without energy loss. Two ventilation channels inside the sole ensure perfect ventilation of the foot while riding. Anti-slip rubber inserts on front and back offer safety when walking. The rear one can be replaced
GAERNE recommends to order the shoes one size up.