Ghost AMR 5900 2013
Back in 2010, Global Bike was one of the first companies in the UK to sell Ghost mountain bikes and Ghost road bikes. Since then the Global Bike has grown to become the largest independent Ghost bike dealer in the country.
The Global Bike test team have put Ghost bikes through their paces and, along with the overwhelming view of the professional cycling press, rate them extremely highly. So high that the Global Bike financial director actually own a Ghost road bike! We love the frames, ride, handling, kit levels and just the overall sense of quality and purpose that very few bikes can match (they are German after all!).
Global Bike also equip our down hill racing team, No Bull Racin', with Ghost DH 900 bikes. They are the perfect ambassadors to demonstraite the speed, agility and strength of Ghost Bikes.
Global Bike carry the full range of Ghost Bikes for you to test ride outside our large store.
Experience nature to the fullest! Fox 120mm chassis, Shimano XT rear derailleur components and naturally, our aluminum frame with needle bearing technology and much more! A bike that was built to be ridden in nature every day.
Ghost AMR 5900 Suspension Bike Specifications:
- Frame: AMR Actinum DB SCL
- Stem: GHOST light ASA-106 31.8 mm
- Fork: FOX Forx 32F O/C CTD 120mm Tapered
- Headset: Ritchey Tapered
- Handlebar: GHOST Low Rizer light 680 mm 31.8 mm
- Seatpost: GHOST SL SP 717 31.6 mm
- Saddle: Selle Royal Seta
- Rear derailleur: Shimano XT 10-Speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano SLX
- Shifter: Shimano SLX SL
- Brake lever: Shimano 596
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Pressfit BB
- Crankset: Shimano XT 42-32-24
- Brakes: Shimano 596 Disc 180 mm
- Front tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Rear tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
- Rims: Alex FD19
- Spokes: DT Swiss 1.8
- Hubs: Shimano Deore
- Cassette sprocket: SRAM PG-1030 11-36
- Shock: FOX Float CTD SV 120mm
- Front travel: 120 mm
- Rear travel: 120 mm
- Frame sizes: 40/44/48/52/56 cm
- Weight:12.70 kg
Ghost AMR 5900 Suspension Bike Technology:
- Tapered Headtube - The tapered head tube broadens towards the bottom leading to better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness of the tapered head tube combined with the tapered fork lead to the bicycle’s improved and more direct steering.
- Specific Chainstay Length - Specific Chainstay Length means that the chainstays grow with frame size. This system already has a long tradition at GHOST. The principle is easy. Not only do our frames grow in height and in length at the front, but also at the chainstay at exactly the same ratio. This results in a perfectly balanced bike which offers superior riding performance in any frame size.
- Reverse Hanger - The reverse hanger leads to even more direct shifting because the hanger is mounted on the inside of the chain stay reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Pressfit BB - PressFit Bottom Brackets feature bearing shells that are directly pressed – and not screwed - into the bottom bracket housing. The larger housing width allows for a wider down tube. Greater support width results in increased stiffness. The screwless design improves stability and reduces maintenance.
- Needle Bearing System - Our Needle Bearing System ensures super sensitive rear triangle performance, as many test results have impressively shown. The technology is both simple and ingenious. The needle bearings are located in the damper eyelet, replacing commonly used bush bearings, and ensure a minimum break-away torque. The low torque results in an outstanding responsiveness to even the smallest bumps.
- GQC - Ghost Quality Center - We only accept premium quality. This is why our bicycles and all components are tested according to the latest technology standards. Our test labs enable us to simulate trail and real-world riding in the lab and to fast-forward a bike’s entire life cycle within a few days. We want to make absolutely sure that you are not a part of our test series, but get a bicycle you can trust.
- Multifucntional Bottom Bracket - The MBB is hollow-forged and unites a total of 5 functions in only one component:
- Bottom bracket adapter.
- Main bearing for the rear triangle.
- Connection to the down tube.
- Damper linkage.
- Connection to the seat tube.
- Hydroformed Tubeset - We do not use standardized tubesets, but develop our frames and required tubes ourselves. A lightweight, yet sturdy frame requires specifically adapted forms and wall thicknesses.
- E-Type Direct - This technology means that the front derailleur is screwed directly onto the frame. Frame stressing shell mounting solutions are a thing of the past. The result of this system integration is another improvement yielding even lighter frames. In addition, you will also notice significantly improved performance. Thanks to the ultra-precise manufacturing process the derailleur is always perfectly located in relation to the chain ring. Crisp and supremely precise gear shifting provides even more riding fun.
- Anti Squat Technology - Clever positioning of the rear triangle pivot points eliminates squatting during pedaling (anti-squat effect) and offers efficient power transmission without unwanted bobbing. Traction is improved and negative forces are eliminated.
- Smooth Ratio Suspension - The rocker activates the shock with a transmission ratio of 2:1. This means that the suspension element moves by 1 cm for 2 cm of travel at the chainstay. You’ll notice the result immediately. The suspension operates noticeably more sensitively and is much easier to tune. In addition, the operating friction forces are much lower because the damper requires less air pressure. In addition to the immensely improved sensitivity, this also ensures more durability.
- Postmount Direct - PM Direct’s screwless design and simplified adjustability has become the new standard. Mounting the brake caliper directly onto to the post results in a clean look and optimum heat transfer.
- Ghost Custom Setup - Our Full Carbon Monocoque Rocker features a One Piece Design. It also increases rear triangle stiffness and reduces the total weight. Form follows function in the most beautiful way!
- Center Of Competence - Development and assembly, test procedures and rides, everything happens under one roof here.
- Continuous Cable Housing- The derailleur cables have continuous cable housings. Great long-term shift performance is guaranteed by eliminating any negative effects dirt might cause in the derailleur cables.
- Balanced Centre Of Gravity - Due to the low bottom bracket and a central damper position, the center of gravity is central and low. The perfect weight distribution guarantees neutral and balanced handling.
Standard Delivery Rates
Orders under £30 - 2-3 working days for in store stock, - Charge £3.50
Free Delivery Rates
Orders over £30 - 2-3 working days for in store stock
Bike are usually delivered within 5-10 working days
International Bike Orders
For deliveries outside the UK Mainland please call on 01829 770844 for a quote
For full information about the Global Bike Delivery and Returns Policies visit the links below;
Back in 2010, Global Bike was one of the first companies in the UK to sell Ghost mountain bikes and Ghost road bikes. Since then the Global Bike has grown to become the largest independent Ghost bike dealer in the country......